In seguito alla legge Gelmini, dal 01/01/2012 la Facoltà di Scienze Politiche è diventata parte del DIPARTIMENTO DI GIURISPRUDENZA E SCIENZE POLITICHE, ECONOMICHE E SOCIALI (http://www.digspes.unipmn.it)
Stiamo provvedendo a trasferire i contenuti di questo sito su quello del Dipartimento.
L'OFFERTA FORMATIVA PER L'A.A. 2012/2013 SI TROVA SUL SITO DEL DIPARTIMENTO: http://www.digspes.unipmn.it/offerta_formativa.php
A.A. 2009/2010 --- Alessandria
Versione in Italiano
Today, experimental economics is considered an important empirical tool, allowing the economist to submit economic theory to empirical verification under controlled conditions. The course aims at introducing students to the methodology of experimental economics and imparts several of its applications in various areas of economics.
The following topics will be examined:
1. A short introduction and review of experimental economics. The various research areas. Different types of experiment. Advantages and limits. Study of the methodology.
2. Individual behaviour in certainty conditions (1), risky and uncertain conditions (2), under evaluation bias (3). Expected utility theory The main criticism to expected utility through experiments.
3. Market functioning and price mechanism. Analysis of competitive markets (1), imperfect competition (2), auctions (3), efficient market structures (4).
4. Economic behaviour during interaction. Study of cooperation (1), coordination (2), bargaining (3), trust (4).
5. Definition of an experimental design.